Royal Portrush Golf Club (established 1888) is a private member's Club, which warmly welcomes visitors on the Dunluce and Valley Links. We would ask that all visitors observe the Rules of the Game, and to pay close attention to the Club's dress code. The Club House is usually open from 7am to 10pm.
Can be booked in advance by telephone, subject to written confirmation and receipt of a non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per person. All visitors are expected to be members of a recognised Golf Club and to hold a bona fide current Playing Handicap. A Certificate of Handicap with a maximum of 18 for males (24 for females) on the Dunluce Links, must be presented along with a Letter of introduction from Home Club and are conditional prior to play.
Dunluce Green Fees
Green Fee Rates
Weekdays - £140.00 per person per round
Weekends - £160.00 per person per round
Visitors may play a second round on Dunluce:
Tuesday and Thursday, at an additional charge of £75.00 and weekends at an additional charge of £75.00, subject to availability, on the day.
*Winter Green Fee:
APRIL + OCTOBER £75 (MONDAY-FRIDAY). SAT+SUN £160
NOVEMBER-MARCH INCLUSIVE £60
- Monday: No Visitors in morning. Visitors may play after 2.00pm
- Tuesday: Between 9.40am & 11.50am & after 2.00pm
- Wednesday: Between 9.40am & 11.50am No Visitors in afternoon
- Thursday: Between 9.40am & 11.50am & after 2.00pm
- Friday: Between 9.40am & 11.50am No Visitors in afternoon
- Saturday: Members' Competition Day. Visitors may play after 3.00pm
- Sunday: Between 10.30am & 11.50am & after 2.00pm
Valley Green Fees
Green Fee Rates
Weekdays - £37.50 per person per round
Weekends - £45.00 per person per round
Visitors may play a second round on the Valle:
Weekdays at an additional charge of £15.00 subject to availability, on the day
*Winter Green Fee:
NOVEMBER-MARCH INCLUSIVE £25
All visitors are required to check in with the Starter and Club Shop, prior to play
- Monday: 9.30am - 10.50am
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 10.50am
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 10.30am
- Thursday: 9.30am - 10.30am
- Friday: 9.30am - 10.30am
- Saturday: After 2.00pm
- Sunday: After 2.00pm
Golf shirts must have collars, with either long or short sleeves. Rugby/football shirts are prohibited, as are any shirts carrying slogans, numbers or illustrations on apparel that are not golf-related. Collarless shirts, such as t-shirts of any variety, are not allowed.
Must be tailored and appropriate for golf. All types or colour of denim, military-style or camouflage-style trousers, combat trousers (multiple pockets), cut-offs or tracksuits are strictly prohibited.
Tailored Bermuda shorts are permitted on the Links and can be worn with white or coloured knee-length or short socks. Short shorts, training shorts and athletic shorts are not permitted. Shorts are not permitted in the Clubhouse, but are permitted in the Locker Rooms, Club Shop and Balcony. To gain entrance to balcony, golfers are asked to use external staircase. Toilet facilities are available in locker rooms.
Shoes designed for the purpose of playing golf only, are permitted. Hard and soft spikes are both permitted on the Links. Golfers are not permitted to wear training shoes on the Links. Training shoes are not permitted in the Clubhouse, except Junior Boys/Girls under 18 years of age. Golf shoes not permitted in the Clubhouse, except locker room and golf shop.
Sandals, of any type, are not permitted on the Links. Any sandals/shoes worn in the Clubhouse, must be worn with socks (this applies to gentlemen only).
Collarless shirts/tops must have sleeves and sleeveless shirts/tops must have collars and must have a modest neckline. Halter-neck tops are not permitted. Trousers, tailored Bermuda shorts, golf skirts/culottes are permitted.
Caps are not permitted to be worn in the Clubhouse by either ladies or gentlemen.
- These rules apply to all golfers, as well as caddies and visitors accompanying golfers. Persons not properly dressed will be denied access to the Clubhouse.
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced at all times.
- All Golf Club staff are fully authorised to require any golfer, whose dress does not comply with the dress code, to leave the course.
- Please avoid embarrassing situations, as members of staff are not permitted to allow any exceptions to this Rule.
- Golfers and visitors who are uncooperative or abusive to staff will be asked to leave the Golf Club.
Is not acceptable and players taking excessive time will be warned or asked to leave the Links. Players are asked to give way, if they are holding up the game behind. Visitors must play from the markers specified by the Starter and commence from 1st Tee only.
Are NOT permitted on the Links or in the Clubhouse at anytime.
There is a total ban on smoking in the Clubhouse building.
Dining Room is open 7 days a week from April to September, and operates a snack menu, with reduced hours, between October and March. Groups wishing to order meals or have special requirements, should confirm with the Catering Department, in advance. Groups can be catered for outside of normal hours with advance notice. Tea, coffee and sandwiches are available in the Duncluce Room.
The Shop is well stocked and can arrange hire of clubs and tuition. Visa, MasterCard and Amex Credit Cards are accepted.
- Trolley Rental: £4.00 per round
- Club Hire: from £25.00 - £35.00 per round
- Battery Caddy Cars: £10.00 per round (limited in number) - no self-drive golf carts are available.
Clubhouse & Car Park
Articles of value should NOT be left in Locker Room, as the Club cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Royal Portrush Golf Club will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles parked in the car park. Green Staff take every care in preparing the Links for your enjoyment. Please assist by:
- Repairing Pitch Marks
- Replacing Divots
- Smoothing over footprints in bunkers
The Club reserves the right to amend or rescind any or all of these conditions at anytime. Notice will be given wherever possible.